This project started with the notion that students will be more engaged in the learning process, if they are required to collaborate online with students on another continent. Follow the following link above, to review the cross-cultural challenge that we have created for our students.This project satisfies the following AECT standards
1.1.a Utilize and implement design principles which specify optimal conditions for learning.
1.1.1.a Write appropriate objectives for specific content and outcome levels.
1.1.1.d Compare and contrast curriculum objectives for their area(s) of preparation with federal, state, and/or professional content standards.
1.1.2.a Create a plan for a topic of a content area (e.g., a thematic unit, a text chapter, an interdisciplinary unit) to demonstrate application of the principles of macro-level design.
1.1.2.c* Integrate information literacy skills into classroom and media center instruction.
1.1.2.d Incorporate contemporary instructional technology processes in the development of interactive lessons that promote student learning.
1.1.3.b Demonstrate personal skill development with at least one: computer authoring application, video tool, or electronic communication application.
1.1.4.a Use instructional plans and materials which they have produced in contextualized instructional settings (e.g., practica, field experiences, training) that address the needs of all learners, including appropriate accommodations for learners with special needs.
1.1.5.b Demonstrate the use of formative and summative evaluation within practice and contextualized field experiences.
- 1.2.b Apply principles of educational psychology, communications theory, and visual literacy to the development of instructional messages specific to the learning task.
- 1.2.c Understand, recognize and apply basic principles of message design in the development of a variety of communications with their learners.
- 1.3.a Select instructional strategies appropriate for a variety of learner characteristics and learning situations.
- 1.3.c Analyze their selection of instructional strategies and/or models as influenced by the learning situation, nature of the specific content, and type of learner objective.
- 1.3.d Select motivational strategies appropriate for the target learners, task, and learning situation.
- 1.4.a Identify a broad range of observed and hypothetical learner characteristics for their particular area(s) of preparation.
- 1.4.b Describe and/or document specific learner characteristics which influence the selection of instructional strategies.
- 1.4.d* Describe and/or document specific learner characteristics which influence the selection of instructional strategies and resources within the media center.
- 1.4.e* Describe and/or document specific learner characteristics which influence the implementation of instructional strategies and resources within the media center.
- 2.0.1 Select appropriate media to produce effective learning environments using technology resources.
- 2.0.3 Apply instructional design principles to select appropriate technological tools for the development of instructional and professional products.
- 2.0.4 Apply appropriate learning and psychological theories to the selection of appropriate technological tools and to the development of instructional and professional products.
- 2.0.5 Apply appropriate evaluation strategies and techniques for assessing effectiveness of instructional and professional products.
- 2.0.7 Contribute to a professional portfolio by developing and selecting a variety of productions for inclusion in the portfolio.
- 2.1.1 Develop instructional and professional products using a variety of technological tools to produce text for communicating information.
- 2.1.3 Use presentation application software to produce presentations and supplementary materials for instructional and professional purposes.
- 2.1.4 Produce instructional and professional products using various aspects of integrated application programs.
- 2.2.1 Apply principles of visual and media literacy for the development and production of instructional and professional materials and products.
- 2.2.3 Use appropriate video equipment (e.g., camcorders, video editing) to prepare effective instructional and professional products.
- 2.3.1 Design and produce audio/video instructional materials which use computer-based technologies.
- 2.3.2 Design, produce, and use digital information with computer-based technologies.
- 2.3.3 Use imaging devices (e.g., digital cameras, video cameras, scanners) to produce computer-based instructional materials.
- 2.4.1 Use authoring tools to create effective hypermedia/multimedia instructional materials or products.
- 2.4.2 Develop and prepare instructional materials and products for various distance education delivery technologies.
- 2.4.4 Use telecommunications tools such as electronic mail and browsing tools for the World Wide Web to develop instructional and professional products.
- 3.0.2* Use automated processes and technologies related to school media center operations.
- 3.1.1 Identify key factors in selecting and using technologies appropriate for learning situations specified in the instructional design process.
- 3.1.3* Provide services and resources to all users in all formats that support curriculum needs and recreational reading interests of the students and teachers that are consistent with the mission, goals, and objectives of the local school community.
- 3.2.2* Publicize the value of school media programs within the school, community, and local school district.
- 3.3.1 Use appropriate instructional materials and strategies in various learning contexts.
- 3.3.5* Use automated processes and technologies related to design, production and implementation of instructional materials and information systems in the operations of the school media program.
- 3.4.1 Identify and apply standards for the use of instructional technology.
- 3.4.2 Identify and apply policies which incorporate professional ethics within practice.
- 4.0.1 Demonstrate leadership attributes with individuals and groups (e.g., interpersonal skills, group dynamics, team building).
- 4.0.3* Develop a collaborative working relationship with school administration and staff which results in a strong understanding and widespread use of the school media program.
- 4.3.1 Apply delivery system management techniques in various learning and training contexts.
- 4.4.2* Apply a planning process for the development of school media programs using tools such as flowcharts and timelines.